2. Start with a simple structure, (celebrant will supply), add a bit of drama, like a deeply touching story about you both or use favourite song lyrics or quotes as readings.
3. Write your own vows in your own way of speaking and include promises you intend to keep. You are forming your future together! Do add some humour though.
4. Write a love letter to each other and as part of the ceremony place them in a box with a wine of the year you met. To be opened only when or if you start to doubt your love for each other.
5. Include your family and friends in the ceremony as much as possible. This ensures that everyone close remembers the day.
6. Use a small potted tree and have the guests write wishes on paper luggage tags and attach them to the branches. They can be read out during the speeches or read by you in private.
7. Include a Ring Warming in which the guests pass your rings around, warming them in their hands whilst making a wish.
8. Remember, most importantly that it is a your day, your way. Think outside of the square and be imaginative but be real. You really can do anything!
9. Take a hanky, wrap it round the stem of your bouquet or in his pocket for use during your vows. Believe me, its not always the bride that tears up.
10. Surrender to the day. It flys by and all the beauty and joy are in the moment.